Friday, September 27, 2013

Foot & Ankle Rehabilitation

Authors:   Fabian Ochoa, Alex Sevillano, Crystal Reyes


The human foot is a complex structure that serves as a foundation of support.  When an injury occurs, the foot will need rehabilitation (foot exercises) that will help regain a solid foundation for the kinetic chain.

DSC_3353.jpg (400×266)
Foot Massage!!!
Rehabilitation of the foot is a long process that can be both painful and difficult, depending on the injury. Some Rehabilitation procedures can be lifting the foot or massages. At the end of this long process, the foot well be healed but it wont 
It also adds that some patients get frustrated when doing this long process.  It might help to not get frustrated as well.  Talk in a low, calm, and soothing voice to try and bring down the frustration.  Remember that one has to have more patience than the patient themselves.

httpwwwyoutubecomvux5jg0pcp-u (440×266)




It is interesting on how rehabilitation works.  By lifting the foot or curling the toes, the muscles slowly, but surely are recuperating.



The ankle is a very important part of the human body.  Even the smallest of muscles that are in the ankle are very important.  While we walk, the ankle takes up more than 150% of body weight as it adapts to uneven grounds, helps in the attenuation of forces associated with gait, and functions as a lever for propulsion.  

foot_anatomy_intro01.jpg (400×300)
The foot & ankle contains:
26 bones
33 joints
more than 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments















Knowledge of ankle deformities and treatments are helpful in cases that may hit close to home; either something that has happened to you or to a family member.  I personally look forward to using these different techniques either at home or at school (Washington Union High School).

And if this article hasn't helped you out, I encourage readers to research deeper into this subject.  

10 comments:

  1. I can agree that rehab helps your muscle stay worked because when I volunteered in Community Regional Medical Center, I saw them inject nuclear medicine into a person that wasn't able to exercise to make their heart seem as if it had been stressed and worked out so I can see how rehabilitating and massaging the foot helps to strengthen the muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very informative and helps gain a lot of knowledge in foot and ankle rehabilitation .

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS WAS AN INTERESTING ARTICLE, IT SHOWS HOW HARD AND LONG IT IS TO RECUPERATE FROM A FOOT OR ANKLE INJURY. I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT I WOULD DO IF I WOULD BE MOBILE FOR A LONG TIME. I HOPE I NEVER HAVE ONE OF THOSE INJUREIES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article was very interesting. I had no idea how much weight the ankle sustained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never knew the ankle takes up more than 150 percent of our body weight. i also agree the foot is one of the most important parts of our body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never known that our ankles can take up more than 150% of our body's weight. I'm so glad I haven't hurt my foot or ankle, and hopefully I don't ever has a serious foot or ankle injury.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article is very informational, I did not know how much weight the ankle could substand. Good job guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article is very interesting i had no clue our ankles take up 150% of our body, it was a good fact to know about

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article is very interesting and I had no clue that Ankles can take up more thank 150% of our body's weight. That's so crazy! I learned something new!

    ReplyDelete