Friday, September 27, 2013

Music in Rehabilitation

Authors: Shelby Surabian, Amanda Espindola, Karen Victoria, Alejandra Aguiniga

Athletes going through rehabilitation go through several emotional stages. Some athletes find there way through different types of music. Music is able to mask feelings of discomfort during the rehabilitation process. Music can relieve the athlete of stress and anxiety to get them back to their stage of confidence. When listening to music during your rehabilitation process it can be uplifting and put you in a better mood to get better.



Music can be used in various ways. A recent discovery has proved that music can help patients focus when rehabilitating. It can also help mask feelings and encourage you to try harder. Every athlete has his/her own individual rhythm, which is very important because they can go at their own personal pace. Lastly its very efficient and helps you as a patient emotionally.



Overall, finding rhythm in rehabilitation is all about using music in their therapy sessions to boost and focus on a quicker recovery. Also, keeping in mind that every athlete is different so they would have their own rhythms and limitations. Frustration is less likely to happen while listening to music. We believe that people adapt to the rhythm which helps them while in rehabilitation.

Comments:
We believe that using music to rehabilitate is a very good source that helps the healing process. 
You heal faster and you can apply it to injured athletes by helping them mask their feelings.
We also believe that music can help you relax by having injured athletes find his/her individual rhythm.
We could also apply it at Washington Union High School Sports Medicine Program.



 


           Different types of music changes the babies emotions.

Reference:
Saalfield, A.G.(November2008) Finding Rhythm in Rehabilitation. Athletic Therapy Today, 13-14.



7 comments:

  1. This entire research hypothesis is unique. I'm a pro believer in music when working and I can see what the relationship is between music and another activity. When I listen to music while working, I am able to focus better. Even though the music is loud, everything else is silent which makes it a lot easier to get things done. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually does work ' different types of music and generes can change your the mood of the person . when I workout I like specific types of music to help me concentrate on my workout . Good job .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally think that music is a way for people to go into their own world and not have to worry about reality and this blog shows how important music is to people when it comes to their own problems or just in general. Also I agree how it raises one's confidence up. This research is entertaining which doesn't make readers bored. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What part of the brain relaxes you while listening to music? I liked the image of the baby changing his expression while listening to the different categories of music. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can really relate to this article because I love listening music that is loud and it makes me work even more

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this article because I been through rehabilitation and music helped me stay focused. Music helps me stay relaxed and focused. Different types of music would make me want to work harder. Music helped me overcome my fear. I would just listen to the lyrics. Its hard to understand why music helps us but it really does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this article is interesting because personally i think that music would effect the way that you recover. And people have different types of music that effect them differently.

    ReplyDelete